When brother is home I use him expect his dependability in very specific roles: Pest exterminator, lighstaber duel opponent, tv watching companion, family debate neutraliser, and of course, potato masher.
Practically born a geologist, his attention to detail ensures beyond satisfactory levels of potato mashed-ness.
And so before he deserts me to his northern home and friends that are way less fun than me, I demanded that we get down to some serious aloo business.
Inspired by Ziba Kitchen’s recipe, we combined our efforts in the following:
Brother’s Aloo Duties:
- Boil/Microwave 6 potatoes until they are suitably mashable
- Proceed to mash them
- Add milk and butter according to taste preference and desired texture
- Add salt, pepper and much oregano
- Keep mashing if this is what you enjoy.
Tomato Sauce Production:
- Fry minced garlic and 2 diced onions
- Add 8 diced tomatoes and cook
- Add salt, pepper, and much basil
See, it’s very easy if someone else is mashing for you.
And you can even make it look like a cake:
And then you can squish the cake:
And then and only then, can you eat the