It has been a sad sad one-day series for Pakistan. But it’s ok, we can move on, and keep eating. And remain optimistic for this last match that isn’t over yet but is not looking good.
While we’re being optimistic, let’s discuss the Exciting Things I Have Learnt This Week:
- Zucchini = Courgette. Courgette = Zucchini
- People use Zucchini in foods where one would think vegetables were unwelcome. e.g. Brownies.
- There is such a thing as aquatic insects. Some of which create their own air bubble to survive when they’re chilling underwater.
Speaking of air bubbles, who wants brownies? I know I do. Did. Still do, but not as much as I did. Because we ate them and they’re gone. Why? Because they were good brownies.
Where does one find recipes for such good brownies? Obviously not here, go somewhere more food intelligent. My latest source has been The Big Man’s World where I interpreted the following instructions:
- Melt ¼ cup coconut oil with 225 g chocolate, even though I never measure chocolate except with my eyes. Also, 1/2 tsp vanilla.
- Add 2 eggs, salt, and ½ cup (coconut) sugar but I adjusted for how sweet the baking chocolate was. So do that.
- Add ¼ cup grated zucchini. I didn’t bother squeezing out the water because I’ve never even used zucchini before so I have no idea what it means to de-water it and it felt like too much effort and I thought water is fine we like water so let’s leave the water so I did.
- Also 2 tbs cocoa powder, and 3 tbs cornstarch. Or 4 if you manage to do that accidentally. I can testify that it won’t ruin anything.
- Bake for 20 mins at 180 degrees.
- And LEAVE IT IN THE FRIDGE for some time. These are the only brownies I’ve ever made that are properly fudgy even post-fridge.
Mama Fizzle was quite astonished that there was a vegetable in her yummy brownie.