I was still feeling cinnamon-y but also banana-inspired. And so banana snickerdoodles were discovered. These are actually super unhealthy and feel strangely like eating Pisang Goreng* which is delicious but again, not particularly good for you.
I found it on Spoon University and it had a few weird instructions, like 1 tbs of baking powder and another tbs of vanilla…so I followed as much as I thought was kind of reasonable. Also it made a lot so I’m gonna try and halve this:
- Dry Ingredients: Mix 1 ¼ cups plain flour with 1 tsp baking powder and pinch of salt
- Separately, mix 1/3 cup coconut oil with 2/3 cup sugar
- Add in 1 mashed banana, 1 tsp vanilla and some cinnamon
- Mix in dry ingredients
- Fridge for 45 mins. I know I really shouldn’t use ‘fridge’ as a verb but I do.
- Now for the part that really makes a snickerdoodle a snickerdoodle: mix some sugar and cinnamon
- Coat cookie balls with the cinnamon-sugar and flatten into a cookie shape on the baking tray. You really do have to flatten them first.
- Bake for 15 mins at 175 degrees
This plate is just half of what I made…I didn’t exactly think it through.
But both the Parents approved. Although Mama Fizzle has recently declared she won’t comment on my food anymore because this would then be blogged about. We’ll see how that goes.
Now just to end by injecting a rare boost of patriotism in all you Fizzles, allow me to enlighten some of your uninformed selves: Sri Lanka just whitewashed (yeah cricket still uses this term) Australia – a situation which admittedly does make the term more amusing than annoying.
So, all together now,
*Indonesian/Malay deep fried bananas coated in batter, about as unhealthy as they sound.