Probably the first of many baked potato variations to enter our blog. This particular version had the good fortune to witness a rather entertaining session of Pakistan batting and England dropping catches (three and counting).
This was a bit of an improvised spin on SFizzles classic cumin-baked-potato recipe. I decided it needed a topping. Also some capsicum. Because why not?
- So prep a little bit of coconut oil with 1 tsp of cumin seeds, another tsp of ground cumin and of course, salt and pepper
- And toss it with chopped aloo and capsicum and any other veggies you feel like baking.
- Put it in something oven-friendly
- Now blend an onion and a tomato
- Mix in 1 tsp olive oil, more cumin, salt, garlic (paste) and 2/3 tbs yoghurt.
- Top your aloo with your blended goodness and proceed to bake for 30-40 mins (at 180) depending on your oven situation.
This was super easy and actually quite delicious. But especially so when a nightwatchman decides to stick around for longer than usual and even gets dropped in the slips by a particularly annoying sledger. 😁
But of course if the rest of the day goes badly, you can expect something chocolatey from me tomorrow.
Note: Aloo = Potatoes