Am I overdoing the spinach? It’s possible I’m overdoing the spinach. It’s ok though, today’s post marks the end of my current supply. I’m sure I’ll let you all know once I re-stock.
I found this on Simple Indian Recipes and followed it fairly precisely. It’s delicious. Soo soo delicious. I think spinach might be my new best friend in life.
These were my interpreted instructions:
- Mix 1 tsp coriander powder, 1 tbs garam masala, 1 tsp cumin, 1 tsp ground cumin, salt, 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste, and 3 tbs yoghurt.
- Mix in the chicken breast (sorry I have no idea how much) and leave it in the fridge. It does look quite pretty.
- Blend 2 tomatoes with all the spinach ends
- Cook a chopped onion in 2 tbs ghee (I put 3 and it seemed a bit much) You can use butter or oil but I love the smell of ghee.
- Add the tomato-spinach paste and keep cookin
- Add the chicken and let that cook properly
- Mix in the spinach leaves with a dash of nutmeg
Did I mention how delicious this is?
Serves perfectly as the anticipatory meal to Day 2 of a Test Match. Now I just need to make dessert for if things go horribly wrong with Pakistan’s batting.
I try to be an optimist.