Mandatory Brownie Post!!
So oldiest sister I’m addressing this to you since you are currently the only cutoff sibling. Far away. Isolated. Remote. Secluded. Solitary.* See now you’re sad so I’m going to cheer you up with CHOCOLATE.
So as usual I requested requests and Brother desired chocolate and since fasting + browsing through new recipes = bonus stomach growls, I defaulted to a classic.
And for extra brownie points (thx I try) I referred to my previously bookmarked Extra Healthy Brownie Recipe as I had ingeniously anticipated this moment.
What I ended up with was (not that) loosely based on this masterful concoction on Chelsea’s Messy Apron.
- Except more chocolate (>1 cup), melted on the stove with the ¼ cup coconut oil
- I mixed in half the yoghurt and it was still a bit too much so I’d go in even lower next time – I believe brother would like that point emphasised – so maybe a bit more than ¼ cup yoghurt
- I usually double vanilla now to at least 2 vanilla caps (because that is how I measure vanilla) since we seem quite desensitized to it
- I used dark muscovado sugar for extra awesomeness, it also meant I was a little generous with it so it should be ½ a cup sugar in theory
- ½ a teaspoon baking soda mixed into – and this is my favourite part – about 1 cup oat flour. I get very excited about oat flour.
- Oh yes and then add more chocolate.
- I would ignore the icing because I already ignored it and it turned out fine. Also icing sugar is not approved of.
I left these in the oven for a bit more than half an hour – which I would never usually do for brownies because they’re pretty much certain to get over done. But they were so bouncy on top I assumed they weren’t done. Turns out they stay that way and are lovely and gooey on the inside – I don’t think you can get a typical chewy brownie texture with these though. But they’re also really good once they’ve been fridged for a while.
The result was a seal of approval from 2 fellow fizzles and it didn’t last till Suhur. Before you scold us for that, look it’s so healthy!
*Like the rest of the UK lol